Fried chicken tenders are a classic dish that everyone loves. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or a crowd-pleasing appetizer, these chicken tenders are sure to satisfy. In this article, we will show you how to make the best-fried chicken tenders that are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. We’ll cover everything from the ingredients to the cooking process, so let’s get started!
To make the best-fried chicken tenders, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
Follow these steps to make the best-fried chicken tenders:
- Preheat your oil. Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat to 375°F.
- Prepare the coating. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Beat the eggs. In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Coat the chicken. Dip each chicken tender into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture, and finally into the panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry the chicken. Carefully place the chicken tenders in the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain and serve. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken tenders from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips for Success
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Use panko breadcrumbs for extra crunchiness.
- Don’t overcrowd the skillet while frying, as this can cause the temperature of the oil to drop and result in soggy chicken tenders.
- Make sure to let the excess coating drip off the chicken before placing it in the oil to prevent the coating from falling off.
- For a spicier version, add cayenne pepper or chili powder to the flour mixture.
These fried chicken tenders are perfect for any occasion. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Serve as a main dish with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Cut the chicken tenders into smaller pieces and serve as a party appetizer with various dipping sauces.
- Use the chicken tenders to make a sandwich or wrap with lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
In conclusion, making the best-fried chicken tenders is easier than you might think. With the right ingredients and techniques, you can create a dish that is crispy, juicy, and delicious. Remember to follow the tips for success and experiment with different seasoning variations to find your perfect flavor. Enjoy your homemade fried chicken tenders and impress your friends and family with your cooking skills!
- Can I use chicken breasts instead of chicken tenders?
Yes, you can use chicken breasts instead of chicken tenders. Just cut them into strips of similar size to the tenders.
- Can I use seasoned breadcrumbs instead of panko breadcrumbs?
Yes, you can use seasoned breadcrumbs, but panko breadcrumbs will give you a better crunch.
- Can I bake the chicken tenders instead of frying them?
Yes, you can bake the chicken tenders instead of frying them. Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the coated chicken tenders on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- How can I make the chicken tenders spicier?
Add cayenne pepper or chili powder to the flour mixture to make the chicken tenders spicier.
- Can I make these chicken tenders ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these chicken tenders ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.